Taking a holiday is a much anticipated ritual for most families who look forward to a break from work and home for a while to indulge their senses in everything randomly entertaining. Whether you decide on a self-catering holiday or one that has a planned itinerary is very much a matter of personal choice and destination. Many people have a summer vacation resort to which they return every year, and some are lucky enough to have a summer home to which they retire with all of the comforts of home available.
I must say that I really think that a vacation should be an adventure into the unknown, and I have had some really fantastic experiences travelling across borders into unknown territory to explore the big wide world. A lot of travel begins with an air flight to your destination and that is where I learned my first valuable lessons in flying… be careful how you pack your suitcase that will be placed in the luggage hold of an aircraft, because a number of things happen to bottles and jars that don’t have screw-on caps, in an unpressurized atmosphere. You may end up at your destination with a mess of seismic proportions if you have not secured your cosmetics and bathing gels, shampoos and conditioners, body washes and lotions.
Imagine arriving at your hotel and getting ready to unpack and when you open your suitcase there has been a grand multiple evacuation of all of those products that you tucked into spaces to make your suitcase fit snugly… believe me when I had eventually closed my mouth which was hanging open in amazement, I realized there were two ways to view this catastrophe; laugh or cry! When I finally stopped laughing and wiped the last tear from my eye I vowed never to pack plastic bottles in a suitcase again without first popping them into a zip-lock plastic bag, or better still, using my carry-on bag for toiletries! I have never seen such a mess in my life before although everything did smell wonderfully fragrant and sweet!
No doubt, what I needed was a drink, a laundry service, and a bit of a break from it all; so I escaped to a favorite destination that goes with me whenever I travel…my trusty lap-top! I thoroughly enjoy a bit of time at the online casino as a recreational break from the craziness of what life throws at us without the fuss of dressing up and going out, and so I opened up my lap-top and lay back with it propped against my knees and went to my top online casino to play some games and unwind… there they were, my trusty slots waiting for me to play a while, which I duly did. I sipped on my drink, ordered up some room-service, sent the laundry to housekeeping and settled in for a whirl on the slots which are my passion. It wasn’t long and all of the cares and worries drifted away as I spun the reels of first one, then another game slowly letting the tranquil setting of the casino take me away. This portable entertainment is a god-send and I realized that it didn’t matter where in the world I ended up I could spend some time playing online Casino games and even win a bit of extra cash besides
Tips for packing a suitcase:
- Roll up your clothing, you will have less wrinkles in material when you reach your destination.
- Pack all of your make-up in a cosmetic bag and cushion with tissue paper to prevent breakages of eye shadows and pencils. Baggage handlers are a rough lot and they don’t know what is in the suitcase!
- Place all lotions and shampoos in zip lock bags before popping them into the suitcase to prevent spillages and where possible use screw on caps.
- You can purchase plastic containers before going on holiday and fill them up with the goodies you can’t live without at bath time.
- Where possible use carry-on luggage for liquids and creams (packed in zip-lock bags of course).
- Most hotels have a complimentary range of bathing essentials such as shampoos and lotions waiting for you to try out in your en-suite bathroom, so take advantage of the freebies!
- Only take what is really essential on the outbound trip, even if your suitcase is not full… you will need the extra space when you return with a whole lot of extra goodies you have bought at your holiday destination
- Above all, enjoy your holiday and don’t sweat the small stuff, relax and take time out to play and rejuvenate your body and mind, and don’t forget that you need to have some time to just while away playing some of your favorite games at your portable play destination on your lap-top… your online casino!
Back to your vacation! Visit all of the sites and enjoy all of the smells, sounds and activities that you would otherwise not partake of. Take boat rides or head off to the hills on horseback with a guide, find out what the destination has to offer and have a ball on your vacation… you’ve earned it!
This is a guest Blog post by Anne Lewis-Schneider. She is a mother of 3 and grandmother to 2 with another on the way. She is an avid creative and freelance writer, when she is not writing she enjoys knitting, spending time with her family, and is a keen animal activist.
Posted in Guest blog posts and tagged Aircraft packing, casino, hotel, luggage, online casinos, self-catering holiday, Travel packing, vacation by Cyntay with no comments yet.